Complaints Handling Procedure
At Brunel Franklin, customer relations is something that we strive to maintain and improve. Any complaint received is taken very seriously and is dealt with professionally and courtesously in accordance with our internal complaints procedure.
Every customer has a right to make a complaint to Brunel Franklin.
HOW CAN I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
A complaint can be made by any reasonable means, either by letter, telephone, email or in person:
You can complain in writing to:
4th Floor, The Bloc
Or by telephone: 0800 051 54 51
Or by e-mail: CustomerRelations@brunelfranklin.com
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- On making a complaint you will receive an acknowledgement either in writing or by email within 5 working days of receipt. Our Customer Relations Department will thoroughly investigate your concerns and a full and final response will be issued within 8 weeks.
- All complaints will be investigated by a person of sufficient competence who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint. Whoever investigates the complaint will have the authority to settle the complaint.
- If, after 8 weeks, we are not in a position to issue a final response we will provide reasons for the delay and indicate, in writing, when we expect to be able to issue our final response.
- Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept.
- If we do not hear from you within 14 days of receiving our response, we will assume that your complaint has been resolved and your file will be referred back to the relevant department
I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE...WHAT CAN I DO?
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Claims Management Ombudsman. The Claims Management Ombudsman investigates complaints about poor service from claims management companies.
- The Claims Management Ombudsman can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem.
- If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint.
- If you would like more information about the Claims Management Ombudsman, or wish to refer a complaint, their contact details are as follows:
Claims Management Ombudsman,
London E14 9SR
By telephone: 0800 023 4567
Updated April 2019