It is believed that there are over 300,000 mis-sold mortgages in the UK. In recent years the issue of mis-selling has become widespread as the public becomes aware that they may have been given incorrect financial advice or misled into a product that was not right for their circumstances.
Start your claim now!
A mortgage is one of the most important loans we take out and as such we look for the best advice in helping us make the correct decision. However, mis-sold mortgage complaints commonly stem from poor advice or service from the mortgage lender or broker. Many people don't even know they were mis-sold their mortgage..Mortgage Refund Enquiry
Mortgages can be confusing, and confirming whether you have a valid complaint for a mis-sale can also be complex. We believe that the right experience makes a difference in making a successful claim. Our team of experienced industry experts offer a professional and thorough service to assist you in your claim for mis-sold mortgage compensation.Mortgage Refund Enquiry
How to Claim
Claiming with Brunel Franklin for a mis-sold mortgage is easy. Contact us to speak to one of our specialist advisors who will be able to discuss the process with you in more detail.Mortgage Refund Enquiry
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Mortgages Can Be Mis-Sold?
Nearly all types of mortgages can be mis-sold and result in a mis-selling complaint, such as first time buyers. Remortgages, an existing mortgage, a completed mortgage, Right to Buy mortgages, commercial mortgages, buy to let mortgages and prime/sub prime mortgages.
How Do I Know If I Have Been Mis-Sold My Mortgage?
There are many different reasons for a mortgage mis-sale, many of which stem from poor or inappropriate advice. Typically, a mis-sale can result if:
• Your mortgage term runs into your retirement, when you have no guaranteed income at the time
• Your broker or bank failed to ensure you could afford to repay the mortgage based on your current circumstances, asked you to manipulate your income or asked you to self certify your earnings
• You were only given the benefits and given no information about the consequences of interest rate changes – this may be misrepresentation
• You were not informed about the actual cost of adding additional loans to your mortgage, or other hidden fees.
• You were you given the hard sell and only one option for your mortgage?
What Can I Claim Back
The amount you are entitled to is completely dependent on your circumstances and the circumstances of the mortgage sale. However financial compensation can be made up of: commission you have paid, interest paid, distress, mortgage fees as a result of late payments and any additional loss of money as a result of an inappropriate mortgage.
Can I Claim On A Mortgage I No Longer Have?
We can review all your mortgages, and potentially claim on any mortgage, even if you have remortgaged or paid off the mortgage.
Why should I use Brunel Franklin when I can do this myself?
• Brunel Franklin saves you the time, effort and stress of dealing with the complaint alone.
• Brunel Franklin has been dealing with financial claims for over 5 years.
• Brunel Franklin has the experience to pin point all the reasons for a mis-sold policy.
• Brunel Franklin will be able to establish exactly the level of compensation you are entitled to.
• Brunel Franklin will continue to work on your behalf until you receive a suitable offer of compensation.
• Brunel Franklin will endeavour to make sure that the company you're claiming against follows the FSA (Financial Services Authority) guidelines and time limits within the industry.
• Brunel Franklin will breakdown the terminology that vendors use to complicate the claiming process, which tends to discourage consumers pursuing the case further.
How much will this service cost me?
We operate strictly on a No Win No Fee basis*. We only take a fee when a claim is won. The fee we charge is an industry standard amount of 30% plus VAT of any compensation awarded (30% inclusive of VAT).
Will this claim affect my relationship with my lenders?
No, The Financial Conduct Authority (formerly the Financial Services Authority) does not allow any company to disadvantage a customer because they’ve made a complaint.
What information do I need to provide you with?
All we need from you are the key details that the Claim Pack requires, it is very straight forward to complete. Once we initiate your complaint we can obtain any further information we may need to build the strongest case to maximise your compensation.
How long will my claim take?
As each claim is treated on an individual basis this can vary greatly. Our claims handlers should be able to guide you more when they have had chance to look at your case